Here are a few milestones:
- Clapping. He loves it. The best is when he thinks he has done something interesting and starts to clap so others clap with him.
- Traveled out of the state for the first time. Who would have thought it would be Montana?
- First flight! It actually went better than expected. We flew to Montana threw Seattle, so they were pretty short flights. For three of the legs, he slept most of the way (motion is like a drug to him). Sadly, the fourth was a disaster. His ears popped, lots of screaming, and embarrassed parents praying the flight would end. I can't imagine the 24 hour flight to India.
- Big enough to sit in a high chair. You don't realize the importance of this until it finally happens...parents can eat a normal meal without having to worry about a squirming kid in your arms. It was the first time Monica and I ate at the same time in months.
- First bear sighting. Yes, Roshan saw his first bear in the wild. We were in Glacier National Park starting a hike when Monica heard some rumbling in the trees ahead. I figured it was a joke, since I had just told Monica to ignore all of the posted bear warnings. Then she saw a head and we took off with Roshan strapped to my back. A few hikers confirmed later that it was a baby grizzly.
Roshan 7/8 month from rishi chandra on Vimeo.
As always, you can find the full album on PicasaWeb.